Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hospital

Well..against my best efforts to avoid getting here, I am here, in the hospital on bed rest at 18 weeks. I wish I was a stronger person but I cant seem to stop crying.

Yesterday, we went in for a routine 2 week cervical length check and my cervix had shortened significantly from 43 mm to 16 mm. They like it to be above 25 mm. After meeting with the doctor we were sent over to OB Triage. We we in triage from 9:00 a.m -4:30 p.m. It was determined that I was in deed having contractions about every 3 minutes, I had no idea. I couldn't feel them really. They started me on some oral meds and that stopped the contractions completely. I was admitted to the hospital around 5:00 p.m. last night so that I can be monitored on the meds for the next 48 hours and then they will determine where we go from here.

All 3 babies are doing great, there is no stress on any of them. At the u/s they were all moving with very healthy heart beats.

Our biggest concern from here on out is keeping our babies safe and warm for at least another 11-12 weeks.

I am going to have a tough time with this for a lot of reason but will do my best to not cry all the time.

Love
Michelle

4 comments:

Katie said...

Hang in there - no more tears! You are in the best place to be!

Unknown said...

Hey Girl, hang in there. I went throgh the same thing with the cervix shortening and contractions, and was sent to the hospital as well. They gave me meds to stop the contractions and then put in a cerclage - did they mention anything like that to you. It worked for me for both my pregnancies. But I only had one at a time, not three. Well I will keep checking your site. Hold in there and keep us posted. Can't wait to see the three little ones.

Love,
Amy

Praying for you and the babies.

Nancy said...

We're all praying for you and for those precious babies ! You're doing a great job caring for them.
Try not to get to discouraged. I can see where the bed rest would be especially hard for you - I don't remember you sitting still very often ... more likely you would be jogging past our house :-) Love you and praying for you.
"The Bouwkamp family"

Coach Tom said...

Michelle

You know this would'nt have happened if you still lived in Chicago. Living in Michigan is almost as bad as living in Cleveland. Tell Scott I'm joking:) Stay strong baby girl..

Love always and forever
Dad