Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Walk to Remeber ~ October 3, 2009

Last Saturday Scott and I participated in our first Walk to Remember. Although we both wish it was something we didn't have to participate in, it was definitely something we'll look forward to each year. It was really beautiful. The weather forecast for the day was not so great but it ended up being perfect, I think a few angel babies had a hand in that..the speaker told his very touching story about the loss of his stillborn daughter at 8.5 months. To hear his pain, just breaks your heart as he describes EVERY single emotion we feel. To hear a guys perspective of feeling helpless and not being able to 'fix' what has happened for his wife and how much that just kills the guy..really just broke my heart. I know Scott battles with those feelings..but for the rest of my life I will always assure him, it's not so much about the fixing as the 'being' there. After the gentleman shared his story we were given white roses for each baby and then balloons. We were able to write the baby's names on a balloon with a message. Then we walked down to the river bend where we all gathered and they read each and every baby's name off, as they read your baby's name you would release your balloon(s) into the sky. Scott and I tied our 3 balloons together and we let them go together..they will always be together. With a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes I grabbed on to Scott and we just let the tears trickle as the sun peaked through the clouds and we knew our babies were there with us..

2 comments:

Aaron, Katie, Kylie & Ava said...

Sounds like a touching experience. I am glad that you and Scott participated in this together. What a wonderful way to remember your babies. Love and miss you tons!

hapi said...

Hi Michelle and Scott, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog